Saturday, January 20, 2007

Quilt Show/Quilt Legacy

The name of this quilt is Through My Secret Purple Garden. I apologize for the blurry pic, I'm going to have to find my tripod...it's probably under my fabric stash I've amassed and so it's a good thing I'm going through all that fabric-just to unearth all the goodies I might find!














My mom painted this...I love it...we never really spoke to each other much, until I moved away and had children. Now we are as close as my friend Mary's tiny needle turn applique stitches. We never appreciated each other's talent until recently. She doesn't like quilting all that much, but, she likes to knit and I don't, so it's okay...smile.

1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

Outstanding Quilt and Painting!

Is the middle of the quilt a panel?

Stay close to your Mom. I was very close with my Mom. When she passed away in July I knew I was going to miss her and 6 months later I miss her very much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails