Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Am Inspired...

We've got snow, and more snow, and combine that with the sadly, lovely, winter/grey days of the Ohio valley and you get some beautiful moments.  Like an artist making a painting and dotting the points of light on the canvas, we sometimes get lucky.

And the fairies get all melancholy, because I think they can't fly in snow, who would want to? 

The weather in the Ville, which is what they, sports aficionados, call Louisville, is grey.  And well, you know I'm a big English soccer fan, go Liverpool!, but, this last weekend I happened to catch the last heart stopping minutes of the University Kentucky against University of Louisville (Kentucky) basketball game.  Whew it came down to the last few seconds and one hero of a guy made the final 3 pointer to put it away, check out the YouTube above.  

Quilting in the Valley's Girl Gina, has made this most amazing list of items to do.  I've been busy while my DD #2, Chelsea was home.  We made a dress together for her.  It looks like something right out of Anthropologie catalog, tre chi chi.  There's still a little hand work to be done.  

My inspiration from Gina...our annual Quilter's Day Out event has sent out a quilt challenge, that being "Home".  Well I was racking my brain trying to come up with something, when I remembered all the house block patterns I'd bought at the end of last year.  Ah yes, retail therapy and UFO work in partnership to keep me out of the kitchen!  YES!!

Well, at the beginning of last year, when I first started my blog, I loaded a basket with many UFO's and I will first look through those to find what I've actually finished.  The purpose of loading the basket full of patterns and fabric was to disguise my weighing in.  Which I will attempt to do again tomorrow, as this is getting to be quite a long blog moment.  And if I was JK Rowling or Stephanie Meyer, you might like to read on, but, since I'm not, I'll stick to quilting and pictures for my 1000 words...smile.  

Blogger is having problems loading my pictures, I'll try again tomorrow...love all. 

1 comment:

Gina said...

Glad I could help. LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails