Sunday, March 30, 2008

Frist Needle Threader Tested...hmmm...

My first tested needle threader was a great success, so much so that I am tempted to stop at this one, but, I'll keep to my bloggy word and carry on with the experiment. So test number one has me trying this Clover needle threader, priced $6.95 from Austins. I'm still going to get the 2 other quilt stores in my earlier entry, but, I think I'd have found this one there as well. Suffice it that convience was the key factor in stopping at Austins sewing center.

Now, I've made this a truly hard test, because the needle I've chosen is the Piecemakers Hand Applique SIZE 12. You needle aficianados know that there ain't much smaller eye/needle than a 12 in the quilt world, that I know of, at least. I figured this is about as tough a needle to thread in a low light situation as you can get.

On a scale of 1 to5, this Clover HeartNeedle Threader gets a 4. The only thing that is not in it's favor is the diamond shaped wire is so fine that it is hard to see! Go figure. But, once I got the hang of lining up the needle using the metal back of the wire, it worked fine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails