Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Home again...smile

Welp, we made it through round 4 of the 14 chemo treatments my daughter must have. We find out about surgery this Friday. The decision needs to be made, radiation or surgery. A 23 year old should not have to make these choices, but, Jennifer is charging on and learning Spanish in her "down time" at the hospital.

Now, so far so good with the Clover Heart Needle Threader, if you are looking for a gift for a quilter, this is my suggestion. I'm not a shop owner, or get anything from Clover for my recommendations, but, that's it, so far, my favorite needle threader. The only thing it's lacking is a cap to protect the wire. During my "down time" at the hospital, I'm working on a floral boarder for this pink and brown hourglass quilt that's been in my UFO pile for quite a long time, and, other than embroidery, applique can be a very satisfying project to work on in your lap. This is a king size pieced nine patch and hour glass block quilt. I really like visual texture in a quilt and combing applique and piecing is a great mix, in my opinion.

If you'd like to see pictures of my pink and brown scrap hourglass quilt, click on the labels below for that and the UFO and you'll see lots of pictures I've taken of it.

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, your daughter has spirit! It's great she's studying a language with her down time in the hospital. Sometimes our kids can amaze us.

Mixing applique and piecing can be really effective, I agree. Your quilt looks great!

Libby said...

Oh you are so right - these are decisions no one should have to cope with. I'll be keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts as you go through this difficult time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails