Thursday, May 12, 2011

Casserole Carrier, Mother's Day Flowers and Beautiful Kentucky








Spring time in Kentucky is really beautiful.  This is the view in my backyard.  I will miss this place.  The yard is over an acre and it's getting to be less than inspiring to work in.  It's almost time to scale down and move to a smaller yard.

Our Mother's Day sermon ended with something about retiring to a place that had a study, a sewing room and a guest room in the scaled down version of the retirement home.  I think that sounds about right.  It's just blasted hard to get motivated to move though-so much work!








We have a family recipe for turtle brownies.  You make it in a 9 X 13 pan.  I made this casserole cover for her.  She likes to make the turtles and bring them to parties.  I made this with insulated batting so whatever she chooses to bring to a party, it will stay hot or cold.

My daughter lives in Albuquerque where they celebrate the Day of the Dead.  It's sort of like our Memorial Day where they visit graves and remember people that have passed. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails