Friday, February 11, 2011

Denim shirt redo








I've removed and shortened sleeves added an interesting interfacing and cut the lower edge, maybe a little too short.  But, in the fabric world, there is almost nothing you can't fix.  So I'll have to get back to you after I've finished the whip stitching around my batik interfacing.  I'll cut the button holes and add some fray check around the button holes on the batik side.  Batik fabric is tightly woven and is suited for that kind of treatment.

Alterations are a fun thing to do.  Probably if you want to make money sewing, alterations might be a good way to do that.  Everyone falls in love with a dress or whatever and they want it to fit perfectly.

This shirt is very forgiving.  Denim is pretty forgiving and can be eased in easily.  I just love that phrase, "easing in".  It's a metaphor for life, I suppose...smile.

Altering a shirt you get to use the sleeve table on your machine.

I also made a little progress on the owl quilt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails