Thursday, January 27, 2011

Making scrap quilts is like seeing old friends again.

I have a clean trash can right beside my cutting table.  All slices of quilts that aren't good for much are slid off into the scrap trash can.

Now my scrap trash can runneth over and I'm making a friendship braid quilt out of the scraps.


This is a caveman quilt, you know the kind that uses one 5 inch by 2 inch piece of material cut at an angle.  I've chosen light and dark and am weaving my braid while watching American Idol and a variety of Netflex movies.

Almost every piece of material I can account for in a quilt, maybe a scrappy tote, or bag.

Quilters are great recyclers.  And, while I'm concentrating on stash busting this year, it's always nice to use what you have in whatever form it is in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails