Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baby Quilts and Dr Seuss

Well, you know who needs a pattern.  I've got a baby nephew on the way any day and the quick way to make a quilt is to use a panel.  This is a chopped up Dr Seuss panel.  I've decided to make it a sort of wonky medallion quilt .

I like to use stripes in a quilt.  It makes it look like you've done a lot of work sewing strips together, thus giving more visual texture.

These stripes are great for mitering as they are a little wonky to begin.  I'm not a perfectionist quilter, unless I'm entering a quilt in a competition.








cut your stripes and sew them to the ends.  Then on the sides. Last, fold under one of the stripes in a pleasing way that continues the stripe around the corners.  Use you ironed crease as your guide.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails