Friday, January 29, 2010

Poetic Things


Some things are just naturally poetic. A bridge in the distance seeming to disappear in the fog; a log cabin in a green field in the morning; a horse nuzzling it's colt these are pretty usually Kentucky poetic things.
A wilting rose must be considered a universal poetic thing. New fresh roses have a different bent some sort of promise maybe possibly poetic but without question wilting should win the argument for being the most poetic. The petals seem like naturally aged human skin, what can be considered more beautiful than skin that has earned its look.

These are roses from the two dozen my DH got me for my birthday. Sometimes he hits it out of the park and sometimes...at least he's trying...smile. These roses were given to me fresh and new on my b-day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails