Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trying the New Bamboo Quilt Batting.

I'm all about the inside of the quilt.  It's not a quilt until it's quilted and I'm constantly experimenting with batting.  So far, my all time favorite for comfort and the way it lifts the fabric around the quilt stitches, in my opinion is wool batting.  I don't use it too often, as it is very expensive and you can't find it in stock.  I like to support the local establishments, and using a coupon when I do is a great way to be frugal and support, when it's available.  

That being said, I'm experimenting again, with the bamboo batting.  It feels so soft in the bag, I can't wait to try quilting with it.  It's 50/50, bamboo/cotton.  It's also eco friendly, so if it quilts nicely that's another win, win.

I'm still finishing up a quilt top, the Kitchen Roosters.  It's small, compared to a bed quilt, so I hope to finish it soon.  

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I'm eager to hear how it goes with the bamboo batting. Keep us posted, please!

Joyce said...

I just used my first wool batting and just loved it! My SIL bought it so I didn't have to worry about price. It is very hard to find though. None of my local shops carry it. I want to try bamboo next.

Libby said...

I love wool - particularly for hand quilting *delicous* Still I don't use it all that often. I'll be anxious to hear how you like the bamboo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails