Thursday, November 20, 2008

No Quilting today, Just Puttin' on the Glitz!



It's amazing to me how a couple of women can grow a huge business in the middle of nowhere, aka. rural Kentucky.  I suppose it only shows that a person or persons with a dream, really can make things happen.  The filled with enough stuff to be a women's heaven for nesting or antiquing.  I mean, who doesn't want a pitchfork Christmas tree?  Just about every collection thinkable was included.  What antique shop would be complete without Fiesta Ware, Flow Blue and of course, quilts, dolls and Teddy Bears.  

The group of ladies I traveled with today was the Newcomers of Louisville.  Traveling through the back roads of Kentucky, to Versailles, we saw lots of horses covered up with their blankets.  These are truly the hills of Kentucky.  

Being in the backseat, and have stopped just short of car sickness, we pulled in to the beautiful "Glitz", also known as Irish Acres.  I don't know where the Irish Acres part comes from, because The Glitz was certainly appropriate for the establishment.  The 3 course meal was sooo good, nsupper for me tonight!  

3 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Beautiful pictures! I love trips like that. :) blessings, marlene

Libby said...

Looks like my kind of shopping *s*

Janet said...

Looks like fun! I might have to look that place up for a road trip for book club!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails