Thursday, August 21, 2008

AQS Nashville Quilt Show 2008

Some days you need your quilt fix.  Yesterday was that day for me.  So I set my cruise control, and angled the radio to the left of the dial, because you know that's where all the good public radio stations are and off I went down South 65 the 3 hour drive to the lovely Gaylord Opryland Hotel.  I was alone in the car, but had lots of company along the rode...I felt very safe.  

It is really an easy drive unless you run across some of this.  Yep, highway construction, down to a  single lane, but this did not deter me.  Nope I was on a mission to see the AQS quilt show in Nashville for the last time held at this venue.  Next year it will be in Knoxville, Tennnessee, which I think is a little farther than Nashville from Louisville.  Ah well, I'm sure it all came down to money, but, I really do like the Nashville venue.  There are so many beautiful flowers and rivers and fountains all in a covered dome.  The orchids are beautiful and the restaurants are plenty.  Of course, be prepared to pay for all this beauty, parking is $16.00!! Luckily AQS had parking available for $5.00, about a half mile walk away, but, I'll walk for fabric.  I walked for 3 hours straight and drove to Cracker Barrel for my comfort food-a veggie plate woohoo!  So many lovely things to see along the highway, I think this farmer had a change of mind, I've never seen a criss cross crop like this.  Then at the end of the day I was treated with a beautiful sunset.  Yes, even though we are given our trials, it is all in how we handle them, come what may.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You must'va really needed that quilt fix! Driving that far with gas so high, you're tougher than I am. Great photos!

Libby said...

What a great way to rejuvinate yourself . . .sounds like fun trip *s*

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Great pics- so glad you got your quilt fix. I didn't know the show was moving to Knoxville. I might have to plan on going next year. That is a lot closer than Nashville for me!

Pattie Wilkinson said...

Love your blog, and the quilts, and the cute pigs and tractors, and America! Don'tcha just love it? Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'll be back to check out your next big adventures...
Pattiewack

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails