Thursday, May 29, 2008

Movie, Book and DVD rental reviews...

Besides making my Grandmother's flower garden/Tillie's Mosaic quilt, which is the best hand sewing project I can recommend for waiting on Doctors, and at bedsides in hospitals, I've been enjoying other sensory perceptions.

The new Indiana Jones movie was like being on a ride at an amusement park. I never really engaged with the movie-action or script. But, you got to see it, because it's picks up somewhat from the original movie and I guess it's okay. If nothing else, they brought back Karen Allen who, a while back was a really great actress that seemed to drop off the planet for a while, but, now we can see her again. She's knitting, I understand, so she must be a great person, maybe could have been a little better if she's a quilter, but, knitting is good...smile.

A better afternoon spent is watching a French film with subtitles, the Diving Bell and the Butterfly. It's about the editor of Elle Magazine who has a stroke at the age of 42 and how he writes a book just by blinking it out to a nurse. The French really are cutting edge movie makers and some of the scenes in this movie are impossible-I won't give away anything. This is an interesting movie and the soundtrack is awesome-I recommend buying that, the variety is wonderful, U2 to Tom Waits, luscious.

The book I was given as some fluff reading is Stealing Shadows by Kay Hooper. It's a nice page turner with detective/psychic/serial killer finder/person...you know what I mean. The book is a romantic thriller and I usually shy away from this type of thing, but, I started reading it and couldn't stop.

So, there you have, may while away the time while I while away the time ideas for you.

Ain't Life grand
...smile

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails