Wednesday, February 14, 2007

We're going to NYC...




One of the perks of my husband's job, is that he gets to travel to some pretty interesting places, at least they are to me. Luckily, I'm available and can accompany him right now. It's exciting to be going to NYC this weekend. I hope it's snowing. I will take my camera and take lots of pictures. Snow seems to help create some interesting pictures. I guess it's the starkness of the season, muted and gray, then the snow helps sharpen the colors or lack there of...

I wonder if they do much quilting in NYC? I suppose I should search the WWW and find out. If anyone has any suggestions, quilting or eating or theater, I'm open to learn. We've gone once before with our two daughters, but, it was pre-9/11. We mainly walked and walked and walked, but, really enjoyed it. Doubtless, this trip-minus the daughters, we will wear ourselves out walking everywhere and my poor hubby will have to be all smiles for meetings on Tuesday. But, we will have a little more money to spend and hopefully we will walk off all those calories we plan to try out...smile...

Happy Valentines day!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

When you google for a quilt shop in NYC..try City Quilter..I have not been there, but hear its a nice shop! People congregated there after 9-11. Just for some company

Joyce said...

There are endless things to see in NYC. There is a shop called somethig lik M&J something which is all trimmings. And I think next door was all buttons and beads. You'd have to Google it. I have no addresses. Have fun. How not to!

The Calico Cat said...

If it is not toolate there are a couple of quilt shops in NYC... Beth mentioned one, the other is in Soho...

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Thanks for ideas for my quilting visits in the city. I've already googled your suggestions and located them on my map. We'll be leaving at about 6:00am for our trip.

Happy quilting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails