Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fly away little bird...





My youngest goes back to college today. She came home for the weekend. We haven't seen her in several weeks, so it was particularly hard to say goodbye. But, you know that's what we are supposed to do, raise them up, not warp them and hopefully leave them in good stead, so they can get an education and get along in the world, with a gainfully employable job. Chelsea is studying to be a geologist.




Ah well, at least the real birds like to come to our house to visit...smile...

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I think there must be many of us sharing the same feelings. I've been lucky enough to have both of mine home for the weekend. A brief visit in their (and our) busy lives.
Its nice to see them, however briefly, and to meet their boyfriends too.
Fly away little birds.........come back again............ soon?

MéLisa said...

Oh a tufted Titmouse! They are so cute! We got lots of those & Black Capped Chickadees. Those are my favorites, the Chickadees.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Thanks for the description of the birds. I keep thinking I need to look them up, these birds and cardinals are very common here in Kentucky.

Shelina said...

These are pretty birds. You got some really close shots. My daughter is flying away next year, and I am not looking forward to feeling what you are feeling now.

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I love the bird pictures!! I especially love the quilt you have on your stair landing. It's hard when our kids grow up and start having lives of their own. I have one who will graduate next year and every morning he wakes up and looks a little older to me. Hang in there!!!!
dawn

Anonymous said...

You ALL need to see the movie Because I said so" and with your Mothers/Daughters no young granddaughter tho, with Diane Keaton. Helps us all to understand.
Ginny

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. My oldest just moved out last week. She is still in town, but my heart is a little heavy since her little "quirks" are not with me everyday! I suppose that after time, this will seem normal, eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails