Sunday, February 4, 2007

It's embarassing...




Okay, there are some really lovely sewing studios out there in blog land-lovely pale yellow colors on the wall, with organized shelving and a clear walkway all the way through. Oh how do they anything done? Me, it's an organized mess, but, that's all about to change. Like I told one of the fellow beautiful studio bloggers, I'm inspired by their work spaces and will begin cleaning...soon.

My poor hubby can barely walk through the room without tripping over fabric. Thankfully he's not running around barefoot, like in the summer. Then he accuses me of leaving pin traps for him, and NO I don't do it on purpose. But, if there is a pin on the floor he'll step on it.

Cleaning this area is the first step in organizing my mess. Next the closet and bookcases must go under the Swiffer Duster(the best thing to clean). Which means take it all down and dust it all off and through out all the books/fabric I probably won't use-who am I kidding? I'm a pack rat and I like it that way! I do plan to start using up all the fabric and you have to have patterns, so that's what the books are for. I'm giving her all I've got Captain and I can't do anymore-I'll just straighten it up.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

AH - don't be so hard on yourself. It's a "creative mess". :-)

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Creative mess indeed. I like that!

His Office, My Studio said...

If you can work in your organized mess leave it be.

zuzu said...

=^..^=
Looks about right to me ...
My studio tends to get errr "creative" at times too ::giggle:: The thing is that I can't work in chaos. Makes me nuts and after I have to stop to look for the same thing for say, the nth time ... I give in.

My problem is that I tend to gather things I need for a project together ... and then not put them away where they belong before I start something else. Bottom line is: I can't find stuff! And I am NEVER working on only one project. Makes for an interesting situation!

I blame it on the magpie that lives in the studio.

=^..^= love, zU

The Calico Cat said...

Tee Hee there is a reason why I have not shown my stewdio.... (It looks like beef stew - a potato here & there, a carrot there & here, etc.)

I'll have to clean it up first. (I am not ready for a reality shot of my spaces...)

Unknown said...

You have to break eggs to make an omelette! - mine might be tidy at present but it won't last once the creative urge takes a hold of me

Karen 's World said...

Your sewing room looks a lot like mine! I enjoyed seeing your room it makes me feel like I'm not the only one with a messy creative side! LOL ...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wanted to email you directly but it came back. The mail demon at work!

I'm not a member of a guild ... and didn't know about quilters day out. Guess I better start paying attention to what is going on closer to home!

Karen

MéLisa said...

Hey I have that same table in my sewing room!! It has a leaf in the middle that flips under it right? I love that table!

My room looked like this a week ago & I am sure that it will again. Only it also serves as the guest room. Good thing there weren't any guests! The bed wa buried in fabric, patterns. trim etc!. Not it is just stacked with organized pile of all of the above!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails