Saturday, July 23, 2011

Swim, Bike, Run Training continues for my mini triathlon on September 10th, 2011

I biked at the YMCA for 77 minutes which is 20.5 miles on a random hill course.

Then, I ran for 10 minutes on a treadmill for 1 mile.

It's a punishment, of sorts, maybe, but I have a goal.  Hopefully I don't get knocked off track (no pun intended) and I can attend the triathlon at the Wendell Moore Park in Buckner, Kentucky on September 10th, 2011.

I first got interested in triathlons after watching Sonjay Gupta compete in the NYC triathlon.  It is actually running in 2 weeks.  It sold out in less than 6 minutes.  My race only allows 200 participants.  The NYC race, which is about twice as difficult as mine, allows 3,000!  What an accomplishment that would be!  Hmmmm, who knows.  I like working out and I need to lose weight, so it could be another goal for me for next year.  There is no way I would be ready for that race in a couple of weeks.  But, I will be watching.  Maybe if I can continue the workouts I am doing, 6 days a week, swim, bike run, then who knows....smile.

I wouldn't pooh pooh the one I am entering, the bike ride has lots of big hills and the run is a combination of cross country and hard surface-it's pretty tough too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails