Our quilt group, Northeast Quilting Friends, went on a day trip yesterday to Blackstone's Home Decor, for a Fleur Di lis quilt show, then to lunch at Puerto Vallarta, then last but not least, went to Happy Heart Quilt shop. We did our usual sight seeing adventure, thanks to yours truly that can't talk and watch for the exit at the same time. But, thanks to our Kentucky borns in one of the car pool cars, we were able to find our way to Happy Heart after the other two places.
These are my purchases yesterday:
1. Fabric for a purse-I got the tool and pattern in Arkansas while visiting my folks.
2. Aurifil Thread-the best in my opinion. It looks like it costs a lot, but, there is about 3 times as much thread on these spools than on most others, so it's real value for the money.
3. More fabric for my Christmas in July project, log cabin is the theme.
4. 4 yards of white on white muslin for a dresden plate embroidery pattern.
5. The cutest leather straps for a purse.
6. Fabric for a Table Topper-a class we are teaching in our quilt group.
7. Fabric for several Snappy Totes which I will be teaching in Northeast Quilting Friends. I plan to give them away as gifts-the go together pretty fast, once everything is cut out.
And so there you have it, purchases for old UFO's and some new ones. Today, I think they are called WISP's-Work In Slow Progress. Maybe that sounds better than Un-Finished Objects.