Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First I'll update my progress on the OBWE

This quilt block is addictive. If you want to find your excitement for quilting again, you need to go back to what got you interested in quilting in the first place. For me it was a love the unusual in the fabric/design world. This quilt block is such a project. You are working with triangles and the design elements are pretty much set, but, the fun comes, for me, in the layout and addition of the tumbling blocks.

For the quilting design, I used the spider web. It's a natural. A lot of you machine quilters out there, know that the quilt will tell you how it needs to be quilted. Lay it out and look at it and you will begin to see the quilting it needs-cause you know, it's not a quilt until it's quilted. The quilt told me it needed spider webs. The "spokes" are a natural with the seams in the ditch and you add two webs to connect. The quilting around the tumbling blocks outlines the colors only-no spider web quilting.

This is an easy free motion quilting design. This is me with the camera on my machine, my goodness it must have been early in the morning. Ah well, any time is a good time to finish a quilt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails