Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's been a long wonderful week...

Ever get that feeling, all I want to do is go to my sewing room and make a quilt? No "Calgon take me away", nope, let me dive into a project I can complete with my own two hands. You know you have to be pretty tired when that happens. Of course, making a quilt is a labor of love, but, when there's so much labor elsewhere, quilting really is a respite from what ails you.

Well, I'm taking a break from all my
work, work, work. The fruits of my sewing machine labor are all gifts to my friends that sat at my table during our annual Christmas Tea at our church. It's really a great way to begin the Christmas season. Timing is everything when so much is happening. The first weekend in December is always busy around here. I help with the decorating at church and also with hosting a table for the Tea. Then there is the the oh so fabulous quilting group I'm a member of. We had our annual party at Sheelah's house in Old Louisville. At the end of the day, a couple of us went on the the Holiday Home tour of Old Louisville. You need to try to make this festive event. People open their homes and let hundreds walk through and view the beautiful Victorian homes, built in the late 1800's and early 1900's. A picture is worth a thousand words so, enjoy... Today is our last meeting of the year for Northeast Quilting Friends. Yep, we like our socks!

Up and atem gals-get those quilt tops you our lady that does the quilting. A rumor has it she's going out of business soon...smile.
My next project is FINISHING THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH! (I'm yelling at myself)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails