Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Project Complete...



Evey once in a while, I'm so taken with a pattern or design, I abandon what I'm working on and jump immediately into a new project. Necessity was also a reason to jump here, because, I needed a new purse!

Quilter/sewer that I am, I got excited by this
pattern in the Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine. It's rich with ideas and patterns in a style that's both whimsical and country-just beautiful...smile..

If you want a challenge, try this hexagon constructed purse.

I used Pellon Craft weight fusible interfacing on both sides of the front, back and lining. I like using this product when I embroidery, because you don't have to stretch the fabric and you get no puckers when after you are done.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

The bag is lovely.
I like to use pellon also, you can carry your threads and they are not visible at the front. I'm a lazy embroiderer but what the heck!

Alison said...

Your bag has turned out great. Hexagons are showing up everywhere.

Unknown said...

Julie your bag is just adorable. I'm a big fan of AP&Q and Homespun and Country Threads. Fortunatley I have a good friend back home that sends them to me.
Couldn't get over the beautiful wildlife you have at your home. How wonderful to be able to look out onto that.

Patti G. said...

Julie, Oh, you were also at the show and I am sure that you enjoyed yourself! I see your talents in quilting abound and I love your designs! You newest purse is wonderful.......love the hexagon shapes! Such fun! I will upload the class project I had at the show with Lesley Riley soon and show more quilts ...which was your favorite? Did you have one in the show?? Thanks for visiting my blog! Hugs,Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails